Polly moved to Falls Church City from Fairfax County three months ago and she loves it already. She’s made fast friends with the dogs in the neighborhood and especially loves playing with all of the kids on her block.
Lorenzo the Great has been specializing in magic for children in the Northern Virginia area for more years than many of the residents have lived in Falls Church. I caught up with him at Mr. Browns Park while he was rehearsing for an upcoming party.
The long line to order food at the Kamayan Fiesta at the corner of Annandale and Washington Streets was surprising for the middle of a Saturday afternoon. Most restaurants slow down after the lunch rush, but the line kept growing and the orders kept flowing, even from those who sat outside at picnic tables, finishing their meals before they went inside to buy more for take-home.
On Friday night, under perfect weather conditions and with the stands full, the Mustangs (6-2) broke a 14-year losing streak against the perennial football powerhouse, the Clarke County Eagles (5-0 going into this game). The score of 14-7 reflected a hard-fought win.
If you were watching the League of Women Voters’ school board candidate debate, you heard candidate Shapiro say that he has raised nearly $30,000 for his campaign for school board— $30,000— of which 40—45 percent is local If you consider Maryland and Northern Virginia local for a school board election.
- October 21, 2021With some citizens having already voted, the official election day for this Fall’s critical statewide races in Virginia and locally for the City Council and School Board in the City of Falls Church [...]
- October 21, 2021In the context of some proposals of Falls Church City Council members that news of a $3 million budget surplus may justify a tax rebate, the reality has come to light that the City is currently down [...]
- October 18, 2021Falls Church was recently the subject of WETA’s second season of “If You Lived Here,” a locally-focused show highlighting different cities throughout the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia [...]
- Whipples Honored By Kaine at Fête for Years of Service
- League of Women Voters Guide
- FCCPS Transportation Announcement- Potential Double Runs
- October 25, 2021If Spring is marked by the sprouting of cherry blossom and daffodils around our region, then Election Season is marked by the [...]
- October 25, 2021Early in-person absentee voting for Fairfax County voters begins Thursday, October 21, 2021, at multiple satellite locations [...]
- October 22, 2021The Spanish word for “Reunion” is “Reencuentro.” That was the catchword at Central Library on Oct. 16 among celebrants at [...]
- The Budget Surplus: ‘Let Them Eat Cake’
- A Penny For Your Thoughts
- 3 FCCPS School Board Candidate Statements
- October 21, 2021The opposite of love is not fear, it is [...]
- October 14, 2021It was not officially a solar eclipse. When the sky began turning dark last Saturday, it was the result of what CNN correspondent [...]
- October 7, 2021More intriguing words from Albert Einstein, the world’s foremost theoretical physicist, retrieved from the Internet: “I [...]
- Youngkin Exposed As A Bonafide Trumper
- The Peril? Trump Is A Russian Asset
- California Comes Through For Truth
- October 1, 2021At 14-plus years old and still as beautiful and chatty as ever! Mushka makes her family happy every day in West Falls [...]
- August 25, 2021One local student completed their Master's degree, and a high school student made the Headmaster's list as his private [...]
- August 17, 2021JON COOMBS, a Native of Detroit, Michigan, has been with Preservation Biscuit from the very start. When asked about his feelings [...]
- Critter Corner: Theo
- VA Hall of Fame Announces Nominating Period for 2021
- Free Online Seminar For Better Soil Health
- October 22, 2021Making sure every family has a magical celebration is the number one priority of Once Upon a Time Parties D.C., a princess party [...]
- October 18, 2021Phil Barker, vocalist and mandolin player of Town Mountain, grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, an hour and a half south of [...]
- October 14, 2021Events happening in and around Falls Church City from October 14 — 20, [...]
- Falls Church Calendar: October 7 — 13, 2021
- Press Pass: Brook Yoder
- Falls Church Calendar: September 30 — October 6
- October 26, 2021On Friday night, under perfect weather conditions and with the stands full, the Mustangs (6-2) broke a 14-year losing streak [...]
- October 7, 2021The Mustangs celebrated Homecoming in style with a 61-40 win over the Skyline Tigers last Friday. With a bounce back win the [...]
- October 1, 2021Last Friday night the 3-1 Meridian Mustangs faced off against the 2-1 Brentsville Tigers, each looking to gain an edge in the [...]
- Mustang Volleyball Remains Upbeat After A Rough Start
- Meridian Football Starts Off Season With Wins Over Rivals
- Offensive Showcase Carries Mustangs Past Madison County, 35-8