News

Man Injured in Falls Church Fire Caused by Computer

A man suffered non-life threatening injuries in an Falls Church fire caused by a computer in the basement of the man’s home in the early morning hours of Sunday, Nov. 22, according to a press release from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters encountered heavy smoke coming from the door at 3140 Row Street on the first floor and the basement door of the one-story home upon arrival. Crews conducted an aggressive fire attack and quickly extinguished the fire.

The home had working smoke alarms. The occupants were not displaced. Damage is estimated at $20,000. According to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, the fire was accidental.