News

House Fire in F.C. Caused by Electrical Power Strip

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a house fire, Monday, Dec. 12, at approximately 5 p.m., in the Jefferson area of Fairfax County. The home is located on the 3400 block of Radnor Place, Falls Church.

Firefighters reported heavy smoke coming from the eaves and basement of the ranch home upon arrival. Firefighters conducted an aggressive interior fire attack and brought the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes. The fire started in a first floor bedroom. Three adults have been displaced. Red Cross assistance was not necessary. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $30,000.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. An electrical power strip caused the fire.