Advertising in the weekly, tabloid-sized, independent and locally-owned Falls Church News-Press is your best way to effectively target customers in the greater Falls Church area of Northern Virginia, among the wealthiest in the nation.
The News-Press is the only community newspaper serving this region, with a professionally-audited free circulation of 15,000. That number easily surpasses the total for the daily Washington Post serving the same area. The only other newspapers serving the region, the Washington Times and Washington Examiner, have circulations in the area that are a small fraction of the News-Press’.
The breakdown, by zip code, of the News-Press’ 15,000 weekly circulation:
|Zip Code (& Description)||Total Circulation||Preprint Ciruculation|
|22041 (Bailey’s X-roads)||300||300|
|22042 (Sleepy Hollows)||500||500|
|22043 (Pimmit Hills)||590||590|
|22044 (Lake Barcroft)||350||350|
|22046 (City of Falls Church)||6,650||6,650|
|Out of Immediate Area||1,610||1,610|
* — Preprints go in all home delivery copies, not in boxes or racks.
A formal survey prepared by the City of Falls Church’s Office of Communications in 2001 established beyond a doubt that not only is the News-Press the region’s primary source of local news, but that it is carefully read by the public. As a result of that survey, the City of Falls Church switched in 2002 from mailing a monthly publication to every household in its jurisdiction to publishing a weekly two-page information sheet in the News-Press. It renewed its contract to do this for a third full year in June 2004.
The region served by the News-Press is characterized by the following: the City of Falls Church has the second-highest percentage of college graduates among its total population of any jurisdiction in the entire U.S.; the City of Falls Church and surrounding areas covered by the News-Press are ranked within the top five jurisdictions in the U.S. in terms of per capita income.
The News-Press has been certified every year since 1993 by the courts of Virginia to publish official legal notices, based on a set of strict legal criteria establishing the bona fide standing of the paper, including audits of circulation. The News-Press has twice been named the “Business of the Year” by the Falls Church City Council in 1991 and 2001.
About Falls Church News-Press:
- The Falls Church News-Press is published weekly. Founded 1991. Audited free circulation 15,000. Tabloid format, routine page count 28-40 pages. Home delivered to 10,000 homes with 5,000 distributed at over 130 fixed locations.
- Certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia to publish official legal notices. Full Member, Virginia Press Association.
- Distributed to five zip codes of greater Falls Church, Virginia (22041, 22042, 22043, 22044, 22046), bounded by Tysons Corner on the north and Bailey’s Crossroads in the south.
Immediate environs include six million square feet of prime retail space.
- The area’s approx. 100,000 people have the highest per capita income in the U.S. with an estimated $4 billion in annual disposable income.
- The FCNP is content-heavy and highly popular, the only weekly representing and circulated in this market with double the circulation of the Washington Post in the area, and an
even higher margin over the Washington Times and Washington Examiner.
The News-Press accepts Visa, Master Card and American Express. For more information including ad rates, discount opportunities, special sections, limited-time deals and more, call the News-Press at (703) 532-3267, fax us at (703) 342-0349, e-mail us at [email protected].