2024-06-22 1:05 PM

Garage Fire Contained on 900 Block of Lincoln Ave.

Photo: Arlington County Fire Department

New information about a fire that ignited in the garage of 912 Lincoln Ave. at around 6 a.m. on Monday, July 3 has become available, per the City of Falls Church Fire Marshal.

The Fire Marshal ruled that the fire was accidental in nature, being caused by the improper disposal of oil. The garage, laundry room and a vehicle stored in the garage were all destroyed, totaling the damages at over $150,000. The Fire Marshal and Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department advise residents to properly dispose of oil, oil-based stains for woodworking projects and gasoline and oily rags, as anyone one of those items can auto-ignite and cause a fire.

The fire was initially responded to by the Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department along with Arlington County Fire Department and Fairfax Fire & Rescue soon after it materialized and all three teams were able to extinguish the flames and contain it to the garage. There were no reported injuries.





On Key

Stories that may interest you