The City of Falls Church announced several road closures and parking restrictions that will be in place on Sunday, Sept. 18 from 6:30 – 10:30 a.m. for the Falls Church Education Foundation’s 12th Annual Run for the Schools 5K/1 mile race. The streets listed below will be closed and parking will not be permitted on them:
- Walnut St.
- Lincoln Ave. from Walnut St. to N. Spring St. and from Great Falls St. to Meridian St.
- N. Spring St. from Lincoln Ave. to Fulton Ave.
- Fulton Ave. from N. Spring St. to Pennsylvania Ave.
- Pennsylvania Ave. from Fulton Ave. to Park Ave.
- Park Ave. from Pennsylvania Ave. to N. Maple Ave.
- N. Maple Ave. from Park Ave. to W. Jefferson St.
- W. Jefferson St. from N. Maple Ave. to Little Falls St.
- Little Falls St. from W. Jefferson St. to Great Falls St.
- Great Falls St. from Little Falls St. to Lincoln Ave. and from Dorchester St. to N. West St.
- Meridian St. from Lincoln Ave. to the City boundary
- Dorchester Rd. from Meridian St. to Great Falls St.
- N. West St. from Great Falls St. to Highland Ave.
- Highland Ave. from N. West St. to Walnut St.
The City of Falls Church Police Department said in a press release about the road closures that it appreciates the public’s cooperation with the closures, helping to ensure the safety of the race participants and volunteers. Roads will reopen at approximately 10:30 a.m. For a detailed map, visit google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1895Rdd_47xgq5tFEUSpXHiSmg5Q.