News

F.C. Townhouse Fire Results in One Injury and Over $93,000 in Damages

A townhouse fire that started in the late morning of Wednesday, July 27 resulted in one resident being injured and two others being displaced, according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. The fire department said in a press release about the fire caused $93,750 in damages.

Fairfax County firefighters responded to the fire in the 7600 block of Wood Mist Lane at around 11:58 a.m. and observed smoke and fire coming from a townhouse. According to the department, the brought the fire under control with an aggressive attack.

The fire department said that one person was sent to a local hospital for minor injuries, but no other residents or firefighters were harmed. Two people were displaced by the fire and are accepting assistance from Red Cross.

The fire was started by unattended food on an electric stove, according to the department. The fire department was alerted of the fire through a smoke alarm.