Around F.C.

Volunteers Needed for F.C. City Boards & Commissions

Volunteers who live in the City of Falls Church are needed to serve on several boards and commissions. Interested volunteers can contact the City Clerk’s Office at 703-248-5014,, or for an application form or more information.

Requests for reappointments must also be made through the City Clerk. Applications are being accepted until the end of the month. Vacancies that have been advertised for more than one month may be filled during each subsequent month before month’s end.

For City boards and commissions, volunteers are needed for the Architectural Advisory Board, the Board of Zoning Appeals (alternate), the Environmental Services Council, the Falls Church Cable Access Corporation Advisory Board, the Historic Architectural Review Board, the Historical Commission, the Housing Commission, the Human Services Advisory Council, the Library Board of Trustees, the Planning Commission, the Public Utilities Commission, the Recreation and Parks Advisory Board, and the Towing Advisory Board.

For regional boards and commissions, volunteers are needed for the Fairfax Area Disability Services Board, the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, the Long-Term Care Coordinating Council, and the Northern Virginia Community College Board.