The City of Falls Church issued the following updates this evening:
Falls Church Water Utility Boil Water Advisory
• Map of Advisory Area available at www.fallschurchva.gov or bit.ly/NTFrw8
• For all water issues, call 703-248-5071. Please keep trying if lines are busy. The phones will be staffed until 11:59 p.m., Sunday, July 1.
• The Water Boil Advisory continues for Tysons, Dunn Loring, and Vienna.
• Merrifield no longer included (based on reevaluation of area affected).
• Prepare to boil water at least through Monday night, July 2.
• All but one pumping station back at full power.
• Go here for water boiling instructions: http://bit.ly/MKds5f.
Voluntary Water Conservation:
Falls Church Water Utility asks its customers to voluntarily conserve water. Please do not use water in unnecessary ways today, including washing cars, watering lawns, doing dishes and laundry. Water main breaks should be reported immediately to 703-248-5044.
City of Falls Church Summer Camps
For Monday, July 2, most Recreation and Parks Department camps—including all scheduled to meet at Falls Church City Schools—will be held at the Community Center (223 Little Falls St.). Kids enrolled in camps can be dropped off at the Community Center and staff will direct them to the correct room. Canceled camps are Music Together, Art in Hand, and all swimming lessons.
Falls Church City Schools
No summer programs Monday, July 2. Division closed except for essential maintenance and facility staff only.
Cooling Center: City Community Center
The City’s Community Center (223 Little Falls St.) will be open 9am to 9pm on Monday, July 2 with air conditioning and power strips to charge cell phones.
Brush Debris Collection:
Brush pick-up fees are waived through Wednesday, July 11. Residents and businesses asked to take following measures to aid collection:
• Place brush at the curb or within the parking lane where applicable; do not obstruct the sidewalks or right-of-ways.
• Cut large tree limbs into segments no longer than 8 ft.; brush that exceeds this length requires additional manpower and resources. Smaller debris can be placed in brown, compostable yard waste bags.
• Leave only vegetative matter for pick-up; this collection is exclusively for tree limbs and brush downed by Friday’s storm. Fee waivers do not apply to special collections.
City of Falls Church Street Closures
The following City streets are closed to through traffic due to downed trees and/or wires. Avoid the areas:
• Great Falls Street: from Lincoln Ave. to Little Falls St.
• E. Columbia St.: from N. Washington St. to N. Underwood St.
• S. Oak St.: from W. Broad St. to Fellow Ct.
The following City streets have issues. Proceed with caution, but obey detours and take no risks around downed power lines:
• N. Underwood St. at 11th St.
• E. Jefferson St. from N. Washington St. to the 500 block of E. Jefferson
• N. Cherry St. at E. Columbia St.
• N. Virginia Ave. at Great Falls St.
• Parker Ave. at Timber Ln.
• 400 block of Jackson St.
• 100-200 block of Rosemary Ln.
• 1300 block Robinson Pl.
• 600 block Knollwood Dr.
• 600 block S. Spring St.
• 1000 block Madison Ln.
Call Falls Church Police Directly for True Emergencies
The City’s 911 system is down. Call Police directly at 703-241-5050 or go to the Fire Station at 6950 Little Falls Rd.
Stop at All Intersections
Most City intersections are still without traffic lights, and street lights are down. Treat ALL intersections as 4-way stops.