Classified Ads: January 5 – 11, 2012

News-Press Classified Ads for the Week of January 5 –  11, 2011


AMERICAN COLLEGE OF COMMERCE and TECHNOLOGY Register now! We train and place. Dental Assistant. Jobs available.  Tax Preparation courses—prepare for tax season. Associate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Business, Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Medical Administrative Assistant, Dental Assistant. Classes start January 9th.  Ask for Scholarship information.  150 S. Washington Street, Falls Church 703-942-6200 Certified to Operate by State Council of Higher Education for Virginia


HOUSE CLEANING SERVICE Available 7 days a week. Week, biweekly, monthly or one time. Good references in Falls Church City. 10 years experience. For further information call me at 703-901-0596. Senior discount, Ask: Susy.

DOG SITTING in my home.  Reasonable rates.  Excellent references  Call 703-577-1734


Public Notice


The ordinance referenced below was given first reading on November 28, 2011; and second reading and public hearing will be held on Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as may be heard.(TR11-43) Resolution Amending And Reenacting Resolution 2004-30, As Amended By Resolution 2007-14, Resolution 2008-17, And Resolution 2009-11 To Approve Special Exception SE04-0162 For Mixed Use Development At 400-412 South Maple Avenue, Known As “500 South Maple Avenue” To Atlantic Realty Companies, Inc. And Their Successors [referred to the Planning Commission, EDA and Greater Falls Church Chamber of Commerce] The purpose of the requested Special Exception Amendment is to allow for the leasing of additional “Service Uses” (versus required Retail Uses) for a large portion of the vacant first floor commercial space at Pearson Square (Body Dynamics).All public hearings will be held in the Council Chambers, 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church, Virginia. For copies of legislation, contact the City Clerk’s office at (703-248-5014) or The City of Falls Church is committed to the letter and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request a reasonable accommodation for any type of disability, call 703-248-5014 (TTY 711).KATHLEEN CLARKEN BUSCHOWCITY CLERK

VOLUNTEERS WHO LIVE in the City of Falls Church are needed to serve on the boards and commissions listed below. Contact the City Clerk’s Office (703-248-5014,, or for an application form or more information. Requests for reappointments must also be made through the City Clerk. Applications are being accepted until the end of the month. Vacancies that have been advertised for more than one month may be filled during each subsequent month before month’s end. Architectural Advisory Board Citizens’ Advisory Committee on Transportation Economic Development Authority Environmental Services Council Board of Equalization Historic Architectural Review Board Historical Commission Housing Commission Human Services Advisory Council Local Board of Building Code Appeals Private School and Day Care Facility Board Board of Zoning Appeals (alternate) Regional Boards/Commissions: Workforce Investment Board
ABC LICENSE: Creative Cauldron, Inc., 410 South Maple Street, Falls Church, City of Falls Church, VA, 22046 is applying to the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for an Annual Mixed Beverage Special Event license to sell or manufacture alcoholic beverages. Laura C. Hull, Producing Director. Note: Objections to the issuance of this license must be submitted to ABC no later than 30 days from the publishing date of the first of two required newspaper legal notices. Objections should be registered at or 800-552-3200.
Public Notice The Board of Zoning Appeals of the City of Falls Church, Virginia will hold a public hearing on January 12, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, 300 Park Avenue, for consideration of the following subjects: Election of officers, approval of meeting minutes and discussion of annual report. Information on the above items is available in the Zoning Division, City Hall, West Wing 301, 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church, VA.


To Place a Classified, click this link or Call 703-532-3267.