News

Circuit Breaker Causes McLean House Fire, $100K in Damages

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a house fire Sunday, Dec. 11, at approximately 2:05 p.m., in the McLean area of Fairfax County. The single-family home is located on the 1700 block of Great Falls Street.

Firefighters encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear and both sides of the one and one-half story home upon arrival. Firefighters conducted an aggressive interior fire attack, bringing the fire under control in approximately 20 minutes. Firefighters also conducted extensive overhaul operations to ensure all hidden fire hotspots were exposed and extinguished. Two occupants have been displaced. Red Cross support was unnecessary. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated $100,000.

According to the incident commander, the fire was accidental. An electrical panel circuit breaker caused the fire.