Two affordable rental dwelling units at the newly-constructed Pearson Square Apartments, 400 S. Maple Ave., will be assigned via a random drawing on Thursday, Feb. 18 at 6:30 p.m. at the Falls Church Community Center. The deadline for applying to participate in the drawing is next Tuesday, Feb. 16. Preference will be given to City of Falls Church residents.
The available units include a two bedroom/two bathroom + den (1,338 sq. ft.) and a one bedroom/one bathroom + den (937 sq. ft.) available for rent at Pearson Square ($1,309 and $1,155 per month plus utilities and parking).
Applications will be available and accepted until noon Tuesday, Feb. 16, at the Falls Church City Hall, Housing and Human Services Division, 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church 22046, Suite W-100.
In order to qualify for the ADU’s, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents.
• Total Household liquid assets can not exceed $30,000.
• All applicants must have a minimum credit score of 620.
• Total household income must be between 50-80% of the Area Medium Income (AMI).
As of February 4, 2010, the minimum and maximum annual income for households are as follows:
• 1 person: Minimum (50% AMI): $35,945, Maximum (80% AMI): $57,512
• 2 person: Minimum: $41,090, Maximum: $65,728
• 3 person: Minimum: $46,215, Maximum: $73,944
• 4 person: Minimum: $51,350, Maximum: $82,160