2024-05-26 2:01 AM

Memorial Day 2024 Issue!

New Fee Set for Excess Trash

As of Aug. 17, single-family detached houses in the City of Falls Church which generate more trash than can be held in the City-provided trash cart will need to attach a sticker to each extra bag. All effected households have been notified of this change which was approved by the City Council in June. (A new excess trash fee for town homes and condos begins Sept. 7).

Residents in single-family detached homes must use $1 yellow Excess Trash and Yard Waste Tags for each trash bag that does not fit into their assigned cart. Excess Trash and Yard Waste Tags can be purchased for $1 each at the Treasurer’s Office in City Hall, 300 Park Ave., Suite 103E; Brown’s Hardware, at the corner of West Broad and South Washington streets; and Giant Food, at the corner of Haycock Road and West Broad Street.

To change cart size or request a cart, call the Solid Waste Hotline at 703-248-5160.

For more information about the City’s solid waste services, visit fallschurchva.gov.





On Key

Stories that may interest you